How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Wilmington smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your home’s security system as it incorporates your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into one united system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel puts you in total charge of your Wilmington home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of how it can benefit you and find suggestions to get started.
How can you use the Vivint Smart Hub in Wilmington?
Connecting wirelessly to devices through radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your residence. You can arm your system, operate lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When adding a video doorbell, you can even talk to visitors on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub features built-in cellular connectivity and a backup battery for added reliability. It also provides convenient remote operation through the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- Review real-time or saved footage from all integrated surveillance cameras
- Arm and disarm your system
- Turn lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Modify your smart thermostat settings
- Talk directly to monitoring agents
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Wilmington by setting schedules or initiating rules. For example, you might have your smart thermostat change automatically each night at a particular time. Or, you can set rules like having your entrances unlock when the smoke alarm goes off.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your system
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll have to know how to arm and disarm your security. It’s easy - just abide by these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will be in your house and arms all sensors excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away means you will be gone, and everything in the home will activate.
- To disarm, just slide down the shield icon and enter your PIN.
The Smart Hub will display a warning if something is stopping the system from arming. For example, an open window will cue you to act. It’s worth noting that you can still arm the system by adhering to the steps above. You will then have to verify that you wish to circumvent the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Wilmington
Even though multiple users can be programmed during the initial installation, you will likely want to add or remove a user at some point. Here’s how it’s done.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right corner of the home screen.
- Tap “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” enter the new user, and hit the Next button.
- If you wish to supply the user remote functionality, select phone or email and provide the information to dispatch an invitation.
- Touch Next and then enter a PIN for the new user.
- To take out a user, simply proceed to the menu, tap users, select the user you want to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Do you want to take command of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-operate touchscreen interface? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Wilmington smart home. Call (910) 634-2695 to get started.